The Trick To Getting Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Cincinnati Home
June 15, 2022 - Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are one of the most disturbing pests Cincinnati homeowners face. Bed bugs are small, round, and dark-colored, much like an apple seed in appearance. Unfortunately, this makes them extremely capable of slipping into your home undetected.
While they may be tricky to identify, there are tricks to help you get rid of bed bugs in your Cincinnati home. One of those tricks is effective pest control in Cincinnati. However, we'll cover more options, so you're as prepared as possible.
How To Tell If Its Bed Bugs Biting You
Before we can figure out how to get rid of bed bugs, it's vital to identify if you have bed bugs or a different pest invading your home. While bed bug bites look similar to other bites, there are specific traits to look for, such as:
- The bites are red and swollen, with a dark spot at the center
- The bites are arranged in lines/clusters
- The bites are extremely itchy
- The bites have a burning sensation
- Some bites may look like fluid-filled blisters
- You notice bloodstains on your sheets
If you notice these traits, you may have a bed bug infestation on your hands. Instead of handling the problem on your own, it's best to bring in professional help like the kind provided by 1 Stop Pest Control for bed bug pest control near you.
The Symptoms Of A Bed Bug Infestation
Are you still asking how to know if you have bed bugs? We've taken the time to create a list of the most common signs so you can be sure. The most common symptoms of an infestation are:
- Bed bug sighting: You have an infestation without exception if you see a bed bug.
- Evidence: Bed bugs leave behind evidence like eggshells, fecal spots, and shed skins, so look carefully for these when checking your home.
- Musty odor: The larger the bed bug population, the stronger and mustier of an odor you'll notice in your home. If you smell this odor, you likely have an infestation.
If you notice these common symptoms of a bed bug infestation in your home, don't wait to schedule an inspection to confirm. The quicker you act, the more likely you will head off pest concerns before they become huge problems.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Home Fast!
Without exception, the best way to get rid of bed bugs in your home fast is with professional bed bug control. Our 1 Stop Pest Control team has the training and resources needed to handle your bed bug infestation from start to finish.
Part of what makes our bed bug control process for Cincinnati homes successful is our process, which includes:
- Thorough inspection
- Liquid treatment
We also may perform an Apprehend treatment, which usually involves one treatment with a second inspection occurring 45 days after the service as part of our bed bug control techniques for your home. Depending on the severity of your infestation, we may use one of both treatment options, ensuring you get the best home pest control for bed bugs near you.
How To Prevent From Bringing Bed Bugs Into Your Home
Now you know how to get rid of bed bugs quickly, but what about preventing them? Fortunately, we have some handy prevention tips ready for you, such as:
- Carefully inspect all luggage and belongings after traveling
- Inspect hotel room before accepting them
- Keep all belongings off the floor while traveling
- Avoid using Laundromats and other public facilities
- Inspect all secondhand furniture before bringing them inside
You have a much better chance of remaining bed bug-free with these tips! However, with ongoing protection from 1 Stop Pest Control, you can guarantee those chances for complete peace of mind. Contact us today to learn more about your bed bug control options and take back your property.
I have been working with Bill for a few years now and he is always responsive, proactive, on time, trustworthy and just terrific to work with! I highly recommend One Stop Pest Control!