What You Have Always Wanted To Know About The Spiders In Cincinnati
October 15, 2022 - Spiders
Have you ever been bitten by a spider? If so, you probably remember the experience vividly. Spiders terrify many people, even if you don't have a specific phobia of these arachnids. But, while spiders have fangs and can bite, most aren't that dangerous to humans. Spiders have venom they use to get their prey, but they usually don't have venom potent enough to harm people and pets.
However, spiders in Cincinnati are still unpleasant to have around your property. Find out more about spiders in the area, including some answers to common questions from the Cincinnati pest control experts.
Five Strange But True Spider Facts
Spiders are shrouded in mystery, and they do have some weird behaviors. Here are some strange but true facts about spiders:
- Female black widows have been known to eat males after mating (however, this is rare).
- Pound for pound, spider silk is stronger than steel.
- Some spiders can see UVB and UVA light, so they see in spectrums that humans can't.
- There are female spiders that lay up to 3,000 eggs at once.
- The "daddy long legs" spider isn't actually a spider.
Spiders in Cincinnati are fascinating creatures that can control insect populations, but if you have them around your home, you might want to remove them with spider control methods.
Why Do Spiders Build Webs?
There are a few different reasons why spiders build webs, but the main one is that they use these structures to catch their prey. However, not all spiders even build webs. The wolf spider, for example, will run to catch its prey instead.
Along with using webs to get their prey, some spiders use webs to travel from one place to another. They also spin webs as a form of protection at the entrance of their dwellings.
Some Commonly Told Spider Myths
There are quite a few myths about spiders. Some you've already read in this article, such as that daddy long legs aren't spiders. Some of the other spider myths include:
- Spiders Are Insects: Spiders are, in fact, arachnids, not insects.
- Spiders And Arachnids Are All The Same: There are other types of arachnids, such as ticks and scorpions. All of these species have eight legs.
- You Will Only Find Spiders In The Summer: Spiders often live inside homes over the winter, so you can encounter spiders throughout the year.
No matter what time of year you have a spider problem, the Cincinnati pest control team at 1 Stop Pest Control will assist you with their removal.
Total Spider Control For Cincinnati Homeowners
One other fact many people don't realize about spiders is why they come onto properties. They don't need to live inside your home to get shelter from the weather. Instead, they follow their insect prey.
So, if you have spiders around, you likely have an insect infestation, too. The best way to prevent spiders is to remove underlying pest issues, and pest control experts can address both of these issues. At 1 Stop Pest Control, we address spider issues at their source by providing ongoing prevention. We can also quickly remove any existing spiders. Call our team today to request a quote or set up a visit to your home.
I have been working with Bill for a few years now and he is always responsive, proactive, on time, trustworthy and just terrific to work with! I highly recommend One Stop Pest Control!