Subterranean Termites: Getting Ahead Of The Problem
August 15, 2022 - Wood-Destroying Insects
If you're a homeowner in Cincinnati, there's a good chance you've heard of subterranean termites. These pesky insects can do a lot of damage to your home if they're not taken care of quickly. 1 Stop Pest Control will discuss everything you need to know about subterranean termites: their feeding habits, how to get rid of them without tenting, and how home pest control in Cincinnati can help you keep them away for good.
Subterranean Termites: Assessing Their Feeding Habits
Subterranean termites are known for their wood-eating habits. They feed on the cellulose in wood, which is why they're so damaging to homes. If you have termites in your home, you may notice any of these tell-tale signs of termites in your home:
- Mud tubes on the exterior of your home: Subterranean termites build mud tubes to travel from their nests to their food source.
- Swarms of winged insects: Subterranean termites swarm when they're ready to mate.
- Damaged wood: Subterranean termites eat the cellulose in wood, which means they can do a lot of damage to your home if they're not taken care of quickly.
- Small piles of sawdust near their nesting site: Subterranean excrete cellulose as they eat, which looks like sawdust.
If you see any of these signs, it's important to call a professional pest control company like 1 Stop Pest Control immediately. The sooner you catch the problem, the easier it will be to get rid of the active termites and prevent them from doing any more damage to your home.
Do Termites Eat Particle Board?
One common question we get about termites is whether or not they eat particle board. Particle board is a type of wood that's made from sawdust and other wood particles. Many homeowners use it as a cheaper alternative to real wood.
Unfortunately, termites will eat particle board just like any other type of wood. If you have particle board in your home, it's important to keep an eye out for signs of termites. If you see any damage or piles of sawdust, contact a pest control company for a termite inspection right away.
How To Get Rid Of Subterranean Termites Without Tenting
One of the most common methods of getting rid of subterranean termites is tenting. Tenting involves putting a tent over your home and fumigating it to kill the termites. However, this method can be expensive and inconvenient. If the infestation is not severe, there are a few things professionals can do to get rid of the termites without tenting:
- Use a bait system: A bait system is a great way to get rid of subterranean termites without tenting. Bait systems work by attracting termites to a bait station, where they're then killed.
- Use a liquid treatment: A liquid treatment is another great way to get rid of subterranean termites without tenting. Liquid treatments work by killing the termites on contact.
If you think you may have a termite problem, don't hesitate to call 1 Stop Pest Control. We'll be able to assess the situation and recommend the best course of action. The sooner you catch the problem, the easier it will be to get rid of the termites and prevent them from doing any more damage to your home.
Total Termite Control Made Easy In Cincinnati
If you're concerned about subterranean termites, there's no need to worry. At 1 Stop Pest Control, we offer a variety of pest control services that will suit your needs. And with more than 30 years of experience in subterranean termite treatment in Cincinnati, we can help you get rid of them quickly and efficiently. Don't wait until it's too late; get ahead of the problem with 1 Stop Pest Control. Contact us today.
I highly recommend using their service. They’re thorough and go above and beyond to take care of your pest control needs. Friendly and flexible to top it off as well!! Thanks Bill and Angie!